Available at the International Shakespeare Association ISA2012 later this year…
The New Cambridge Shakespeare
The New Cambridge Shakespeare appeals to readers worldwide for its up-to-date scholarship and emphasis on performance. The series, edited by an expert international team, includes all Shakespeare’s plays, sonnets and poems, presented in attractively designed volumes.
• Modern-spelling texts have been freshly established by each editor according to modern scholarly principles, distinguishing carefully between alternative quarto and Folio readings
• Lively introductions provide information on the date of composition, theatrical and political context, sources, themes, language, critical reception and performance history
• Informative illustrations give life to each play and cast light on a wide spectrum of historical, social and theatrical issues. Recreations of Shakespeare’s stage and photographs from recent productions are also included
• Valuable commentary at the foot of each page explains word-meaning and allusions
• Precise details of staging and performance help students visualise the plays in action
• Stylish and spacious page layout preserves an uncluttered text and allows room for annotations.
A brilliant set! Come and visit us at the conference later in the year!